Osteoarthritis is a wear of the joint or cartilage that can develop in any joint of the body.
In the case of osteoarthritis of the hands, it is one of the joints that is most frequently seen affected by wear and tear, since we use in practically all activities of daily life and in the performance of our tasks inside and outside the home.
At More Motion we know that the fundamental pillars of osteoarthritis treatment are constituted by the contribution of Chondroprotectors, such as Glucosamine, Chondrotin, MSM, Collagen, Grenetina, Tricalcium Phosphate and Vitamin C, contained in our formula; and as a second pillar in the treatment of Osteoarthritis, a change in lifestyle, that is, the implementation of routine exercises and a healthy diet, which allows us to avoid the consequences of an overload joint due to obesity and muscle atrophy.
Here are some Strengthening exercises HANDS specially designed for the Elderly, to give your joints greater support and muscle support, as well as slowing down the joint wear process. Move your hands again without pain!
All the exercises described below will be performed daily to 10 to 15 repetitions and reaching up to 30. Before performing them apply local heat for 10 minutes.
Remember, for these exercises you will need a flexible mass, like the ones your children and grandchildren use to play (the yellow pot mass), or, failing that, plasticine, which is usually harder to make these exercises:
- Finger scissors: Squeeze the playdough between your fingers.
- Fingertip Pinch: Pinch the dough using your thumb and fingertips.
- Grip strength: Press all your fingers against the dough.
- Flat pinch: Squeeze the dough with your thumb and fingers stretched out.
- Finger Separation: Wrap the dough around two fingers and spread them apart.
- Finger Extension: Wrap the dough around one finger in a hook shape and then straighten finger using dough as resistance.
- Fist Extension: Wrap the dough around your hand and then open your fist to stretch the dough.
- Full grip: Squeeze the dough by pressing your fingers against the palm of your hand.
If you do these exercises regularly and include More Motion in your life, from the first 8 weeks you will feel a greater muscle firmness, you will reduce joint pain, for example, when cooking, chopping food, perform the craft that you used to do or perform your job, and you will regain your quality of life from the hand of More Motion.